Dr. Susan Duvall-Dickson is a Principal and former Chief Operating Officer at Private Ocean Wealth Management, a West Coast-based firm that serves high net worth individuals and families and manages over $2B in assets under management. She is also a Birkman Certified Professional (BCP), helping business leaders and management teams unlock their growth potential by understanding how personality affects performance.
Susan has more than 40-years of experience in business management across several industries including, wealth management, aerospace, wine, food services, and education. She has owned and operated two small businesses and held management and executive administrative positions at Lockheed-Martin and Heublein Fine Wine Group.
She brings this depth of leadership experience to her TruChroma Consulting, where she has spent 10 years coaching business owners, leaders and management teams on how to create and cultivate strong, unified company cultures that encourage employee retention and satisfaction and lead to sustained growth, efficiency and profitability.
2019 Most Influential Women in Business, San Francisco Business Times
2011 Women in Business, North Bay Business Journal
Community and Affiliations
Susan is frequently a participant on panels addressing leadership and issues around the impact of mergers and acquisitions on culture. Below is a summary of her leadership roles, both past and present, and her current community involvement.
- President, Women, Leadership & Philanthropy Council (WLPC) at Dominican University of California.
- Presenter, mentor, and judge for the G2 Leadership Institute, a national program working with the next generation of leaders in the financial service industry
- Member, Dimensional Fund Advisor COO Forum, where she has the opportunity to share ideas and collaborate on best practices in leadership and management with other firms.
- Member, Financial Women’s Association of San Francisco and the American Association of University Women (AAUW).
- Former adjunct professor in the Barowsky School of Business and Leadership at the Dominican University of California.
- Former president of Junior League Napa-Sonoma
- Former board member, 10,000 Degrees, which provides guidance and scholarships for under-served youth.
- Ed.D in Organization and Leadership, University of San Francisco
- MBA in Strategic Leadership, Dominican University of California
- BA in Human Resource Management, Dominican University of California
- Bay Area retirement: Boomers struggle with when to go
- Women in Business: Navigating the Leadership Labyrinth